Type: Live Workshop
Class Level: Beginner
Price: 69 €
You will create a cake decorated with Daffodils, Lilac and daisies with palette knife painting and royal icing using the exclusive Claudia Prati “Materika” method comfortably at home!
LIVE WORKSHOP “DAFFODILS AND LILAC”: HOW IT WORKS
- 4 HOURS LIVE STREAMING
- OPEN TO A MAXIMUM OF 15 STUDENTS
- ITALIAN AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- REAL TIME CREATION OF THE PROJECT
- Friday june 19, 2020. From 3.30pm to 7.30pm Italian time
- INTERACTION WITH THE TEACHER
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
During the workshop you will work real time with Claudia Prati on your cake. The teacher will see you work and listen to your questions in order to work step by step with you during the class.
- IS IT POSSIBLE TO FOLLOW THE CLASS EXCLUSIVELY ON LIVE STREAMING DURING THE INDICATED TIME.
- IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO RECORD THE CLASS OR DOWNLOAD THE CLASS ON ANY DEVICE
HOW TO ENROLL
- TO ENROLL THE CLASS JUST FILL THE FORM AND PROCEED WITH PAYMENT.
- YOU CAN REGISTER UP TO 24 HOURS BEFORE THE CLASS STARTS.
- ONCE YOU WILL ENROLL THE CLASS YOU WILL BE TAUGHT HOW TO ACCESS THE LIVE STREAMING.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET READY
LIST OF MATERIAL TO PREPARE FOR THE WORKSHOP:
- 1 cake or dummy cake with a square base 6”x6” height approx. 12” Covered with white sugar paste (the covering must be done before the start of the workshop, it doesn’t matter if the fondant is dry or still soft so you can cover several days before or even just before the streaming). The fondant must have a matte finish. Do not use a paste containing a large percentage of cocoa butter, do not use Crisco or butter on your hands when covering the cake).
- 1 square cake-board diameter approx. 10” covered in white sugar paste.
LEAVE the cake and the cakeboard separated., DO NOT fix them together.
ALTERNATIVELY you can work during the live just on a square 12”x12” or rectangular cake-board of about 6” x 13” already covered with white sugar paste. It will be more convenient for you to follow the live streaming and keep it as an example for working on your future cakes.
- – Food coloring powders (any brand): white (titanium dioxide), light blue, brown, red, lavender or iris and violet. For the violet and Iris I use this colors: https://edableartworldofcolour.co.uk/product/iris/
- Gel food colors (any brand): lemon yellow, fuxia or pink, leaf green.
- 10 small piping bags made with parchment paper.
- 300/500 gr. of royal icing ready to be used (please see the 3 free videos tutorials included on this site “first steps – royal icing – free tutorials” specially the first and second lessons to make the piping bags and to prepare royal icing)
- 1 medium brush nr. 2 flat or cat’s tongue, similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/pennelli-lingua-di-gatto-n2—manico-acrilico_2459.php
- 1 large brush nr. 8 flat or cat’s tongue, similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/pennelli-lingua-di-gatto-n8—manico-acrilico_2461.php
- 1 small pointed palette knife in steel or plastic similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/spatola-in-acciaio-per-pasticceria–pro–61l_3047.php
- 1 medium pointed palette knife is steel or plastic similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/spatola-in-acciaio-per-pasticceria–pro–19-5l_3049.php
- 1 small painter’s palette or a plastic or ceramic plate
- a 50ml bottle with a dropper filled with gin or vodka or transparent liqueur. No pure alcohol. No everclear. Alternatively, a glass of gin or other liqueur.
- a flat and smooth non-porous support in the shape of an A4 sheet where you can use the palette knife. It can be a plastic or ceramic cutting board or a rigid plastic, plexiglass or ceramic sheet or even a large flat plate without borders or a plastic placemat for breakfast, smooth and flat.
- a full glass of icing sugar
- a glass with water
- a damp cloth or napkin
- a damp sponge
- paper napkins
- 3 or 4 A4 sheets
- notepad with pen for your notes.