Type: Video Classes
Class Level: Beginner
Price: 39 €
You will create a cake decorated with peony flowers with palette knife painting and royal icing using the exclusive Claudia Prati “Materika” method comfortably at home!
LIVE DEMO “PEONY FLOWERS”: HOW IT WORKS
- 2 HOURS LIVE demo on a private Facebook group
- ITALIAN AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
JUNE 13 from 3.30pm to 5.30pm Italian time (GMT+1)
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
- THE CLASS VIDEO WILL BE RECORDED ON THE GROUP AND YOU CAN WATCH IT WHENEVER YOU WANT
- YOU CAN PUBLIC YOUR CAKE AND INTERACT WITH THE PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP THAT WILL STAY ACTIVE
During the live demo you will watch real time cake-making by Claudia Prati and you have possibility to work on real time on your cake. During the live you can interact with the teacher by a live chat during the class.
HOW TO ENROLL
- TO ENROLL THE CLASS JUST FILL THE FORM AND PROCEED WITH PAYMENT.
- YOU CAN REGISTER UP TO 24 HOURS BEFORE THE CLASS STARTS.
- ONCE YOU WILL ENROLL THE CLASS YOU WILL BE TAUGHT HOW TO ACCESS THE LIVE DEMO.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET READY
- 1 cake or dummy cake diameter approx. 8”, height at least 6” Covered with white sugar paste (the covering must be done before the start of the workshop, it doesn’t matter if the fondant is dry or still soft so you can cover several days before or even just before the streaming). The fondant must have a matt finish. Do not use a paste containing a large percentage of cocoa butter, do not use Crisco or butter on your hands when covering the cake).
- 1 cake board diameter approx. 10/11” covered in white sugar paste.
LEAVE the cake and the cakeboard separated., DO NOT fix them together.
ALTERNATIVELY you can work during the live just on a cakeboard of about 12/13” in diameter already covered with white sugar paste. It will be more convenient for you to follow the live streaming and keep it as an example for working on your future cakes.
- Food coloring powders (any brand): white (titanium dioxide), green, lemon yellow.
- Gel food colors (any brand): fuxia or claret, pink, green and brown.
- 400 gr. of royal icing ready to be used (please see the 3 free videos tutorials included on this site “first steps – royal icing – free tutorials” specially the second lesson)
- 1 medium brush nr. 4 flat or cat’s tongue, similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/pennelli-lingua-di-gatto-n4—manico-acrilico_2464.php
- 1 large brush nr. 8 flat or cat’s tongue, similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/pennelli-lingua-di-gatto-n8—manico-acrilico_2461.php
- 1 small pointed palette knife in steel or plastic similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/spatola-in-acciaio-per-pasticceria–pro–13l_3044.php
- a 50ml bottle with a dropper filled with gin or vodka or transparent liqueur. No pure alcohol. No everclear. Alternatively, a glass of gin or other liqueur.
- a flat and smooth non-porous support in the shape of an A4 sheet where you can use the palette knife. It can be a plastic or ceramic cutting board or a rigid plastic, plexiglass or ceramic sheet or even a large flat plate without borders or a plastic placemat for breakfast, smooth and flat.
- a full glass of icing sugar
- a glass with water
- a damp cloth or napkin
- a damp sponge
- paper napkins
- notepad with pen for your notes.