Type: Live Masterclass
Class Level: Master class
Price: 135 €
In this live Masterclass, You will create the “Summer” side of the “Four Seasons” cake decorated with palette knife painting and royal icing laces with the exclusive Claudia Prati “Materika” method, comfortably at home!
LIVE MASTERCLASS “SUMMER”: HOW IT WORKS
- 8 HOURS LIVE STREAMING ADVANCED CLASS DIVIDED IN TWO 4 HOURS CLASS
- OPEN TO A MAXIMUM OF 8 STUDENTS
- ITALIAN AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- REAL TIME CREATION OF THE PROJECT
- Saturday and Sunday July 11 and 12. From 3.30pm to 7.30pm Italian time (two 4 hours class)
- INTERACTION WITH THE TEACHER
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
During the workshop you will work real time with Claudia Prati on your cake. The teacher will see you work and listen to your questions in order to work step by step with you during the class.
- IT IS POSSIBLE TO FOLLOW THE CLASS EXCLUSIVELY ON LIVE STREAMING DURING THE INDICATED TIME.
- IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO RECORD THE CLASS OR DOWNLOAD THE CLASS ON ANY DEVICE
HOW TO ENROLL
TO ENROLL THE CLASS JUST FILL THE FORM AND PROCEED WITH PAYMENT.
YOU CAN REGISTER UP TO 24 HOURS BEFORE THE CLASS STARTS.
ONCE YOU WILL ENROLL THE CLASS YOU WILL BE TAUGHT HOW TO ACCESS THE LIVE STREAMING.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET READY
LIST OF MATERIAL TO PREPARE FOR THE WORKSHOP:
- 1 cube cake or cube dummy cake 8”x8”x8” covered with white sugar paste (the covering must be done before the start of the workshop, it doesn’t matter if the fondant is dry or still soft so you can cover several days before or even just before the streaming). The fondant must have a matte finish. Do not use a paste containing a large percentage of cocoa butter, do not use Crisco or butter on your hands when covering the cake). You will decorate only one of the 4 sides.
- 1 square cake-board diameter approx. 11” covered in white sugar paste.
LEAVE the cake and the cakeboard separated., DO NOT fix them together.
ALTERNATIVELY during the live you can work on a square 8”x8” cake board (covered with white sugar paste) leaning on an 10”x10” cake-board. It will be more convenient for you to follow the live streaming and keep it as an example for working on your future cakes.
- one tilting turntable
- Food coloring powders (any brand): white (titanium dioxide), leaf green, lavender, light blue.
- Gel food colors (any brand): lemon yellow, red, fuxia or pink, leaf green.
- 10 small piping bags made with parchment paper.
- 500/750 gr. of royal icing ready to be used (please see the 3 free videos tutorials included on this site “first steps – royal icing ” specially the first and second lessons to make the piping bags and to prepare royal icing)
- 1 small pointed brush nr. 0 or 2 similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/pennelli-sintetici-a-punta-n0_905.php
- 1 medium brush nr. 2 flat or cat’s tongue, similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/pennelli-lingua-di-gatto-n2—manico-acrilico_2459.php
- 1 large brush nr. 8 flat or cat’s tongue, similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/pennelli-lingua-di-gatto-n8—manico-acrilico_2461.php
- 1 small/medium pointed palette knife is steel or plastic similar to this: http://www.cerart.it/spatola-in-acciaio-per-pasticceria–pro–19l_3043.php
- 1 small palette knife any shape to mix royal icing
- 1 small painter’s palette or a plastic or ceramic plate
- a 50ml bottle with a dropper filled with gin or vodka or transparent liqueur. No pure alcohol. No everclear. Alternatively, a glass of gin or other liqueur.
- 2 pcs. of a flat and smooth non-porous support in the shape of an A4 sheet where you work with the palette knife. It can be a plastic or ceramic cutting board or a rigid plastic, plexiglass or ceramic sheet or even a large flat plate without borders or a plastic placemat for breakfast, smooth and flat.
- 1 pc. Rectangular rigid plastic, plexiglass, ceramic or wood support size 8”x6”.
- A spoon of butter of Crisco/Trex
- A sheet of transparent acetate o cellophane size 8”x6”
- some pins
- a full glass of icing sugar
- a glass with water
- a damp cloth or napkin
- a damp sponge
- paper napkins
- 3 or 4 A4 sheets
- notepad with pen for your notes.